Monday, February 04, 2008

Awakening

The past week has been, to say the least, fabulous. :))

Working as an admin asst is ohkay, I guess. Tedious & boring, it also gave me a peek into the future should I decide on an office career. I'm filled with a sense of weary resignation. Quite sian. But then again, 99% of what I did this week was to key in details of 461 name cards into Excel. Hurr. Some names are 11 syllables long k? But I'm earning money! Hahaha.

Waking up before sun rise is something I don't miss from schooling days, though.
__________________________________

Billy Bomber-ed with Mingkiat & John on Wed. Needless to say, they were late. Yeah, it's a tradition already. Haha! :D long chats over dinner & coffee afterwards was gooood. Lol. They crack me up so much, just by being themselves. "So we meet at first class k? Eh, I mean first level. First level."
__________________________________

Suddenly, it was Thursday already! Zomg, Switchfoot concert. Haha, I couldn't concentrate on what I was doing at work. Very unproductive day, that was. =/ heh, you have no idea how stupid I must've looked. My face was probably a human version of :D. Rushed down from Outram to meet Roob at Simei. I wasn't late! Bumped into Shermaine & a few other TPJCians, so we chatted til it was time to leave for the Expo.

(Unless you're really bored, don't read this section cos it's purely there to help me rmb. Haha. I have bad memory & I don't wanna forget this.)

The concert opened with local acts. I waited for Fire Fight to end their set, while laughing at overzealous stage antics & wincing at the painfully loud bass and drums. West Grand Boulevard was quite good! :D they bothered to do a quick sound check (ahem), so they had a more well-rounded sound. Haha. Their performance was tons better than FF's, that's why I bothered to take a pic of them during their set. There was also a guy wearing an iPood shirt. Lollll.

Switchfoot put up an outstanding performance. :)) very enjoyable. Starting off with Oh! Gravity, they burst into Stars next & had the crowd singing along. One song led to another, with a beautiful acoustic rendition of On Fire, and several memorable songs like a cover of Beyonce's Crazy In Love (haha!), Awakening, 24, Learning to Breathe, Only Hope, Meant To Live & We Are One Tonight. Minimal moshing though, cos it wasn't a huge crowd (like at the Muse concert last yr) & majority of them were quite young. Haha.

Aching & thirsty afterwards, we made for Eastpoint to buy drinks. Heh. Shared cab home & then I couldn't take it anymore. I went straight to sleep. All in all, it was a terrific night. :)) hahaha.
__________________________________

8 hours of sleep in 2 days was draining. Duhh. Even then, AFKs outing on Friday (there's no other day!) was so much fun. Denise has blogged about most of the stuff already, lol. A lot about me & my embarrassing moments. But it's okay! I've got faaarny pikchas of her. ;D muahaha.

Denise & I are going to be nuns in the future. Who wants to join our Sisterhood? One requirement: small eyes, smaller than a chocolate ball. :((

Poor gee-eff was sick, so she had to go home early. :(( I've got pretty ferris wheel photo frames & some magnets. Hurhur. New toys.

__________________________________

I was so fricking stoned during jamming on Saturday that I don't even rmb what happened during jamming. Haha. I forgot my cues sooo many times la. Nvm, the rest of the band are good at their parts. Mostly. x))

.... Omg, I spent quite a bit of money today. =/ phwoar. SAVE MONEY!
__________________________________

Here we are now with the falling sky & the rain
We're awakening
Here we are now with our desperate youth & the pain
We're awakening
Maybe it's called ambition, you've been talking in your sleep
About a dream, we're awakening

No comments: