Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thank You For Loving Me

Me: There's a saying that parents of children who don't sleep early on CNY's eve will live longer, right?
Mum: Ya...?
Me: I stay up til damn late every night. I think you & dad are gonna lead long lives! I'm a filial daughter.
Mum: It only applies on the eve of CNY. If you sleep late on other days, you're shortening our lifetimes. Haha.

Darn it.
__________________________________

Hey there, Gong Xi Fa Cai, Happy Lunar New Year. :)) 5.something am.

Yes, Ken. Today's the first day of CNY, not yesterday. Haha. Don't be so blur!

I miss grandma a lot. The memories become especially poignant now, cos I rmb it as one of the times each year when I'll never fail to see her beaming with a radiant smile. The tradition, one that I loved, was that we'd troop to her flat at Marine Parade every first day of CNY. The entire, extended & very big family. She loved gatherings too. I rmb that on the way there, us sisters will always ask our parents how to say the greetings in dialect, which pleased our grandma when we greeted her with those phrases. Xing jia joo yi. Dunno whether I got it right, but it sounds familiar.

A photo dug out from the recesses of my picture folder, taken ages ago during one of grandma's birthdays (2003?). I think everyone in the family is present here, though the line-up has certainly changed, in the form of ex-boyfriends/girlfriends. We've all grown up since then. I hope you're doing well wherever you are. Love you. ♥

I've been going back to the habit of thinking too much. Bah. Sometimes, it would be easier to be carelessly spontaneous, to disregard any potential aftershocks, to not second-guess yourself. (deleted a whole load of nonsense) Harhar.

Since I'm 100% sure that he doesn't read blogs... I gave him the present (a week ago, lol) & he says it fits. :)) yay. I love those crewsy memories. Like MSN convos that start at 4am. Haha. They're more than that la. I'm happily rowing in a sea that seems to be getting deeper. Sometimes I capsize in a bad storm, but... It's so much more, they're so much more, he's so much more.

Huge eyebags that dwarf my eyes, weight gain, tired & the sneezes. Ugh.

It's hard for me to say the things
I want to say sometimes
There's no one here but you and me
And that broken old street light

No comments: