Sunday, May 14, 2006

Hymn To The Fallen

Song from one of the war movies. Saving Private Ryan or Black Hawk Down, can't remember. Might not be the 2 mentioned either. In honor of TPJC Debaters. Hymn to the Fallen for us. :( Ah wells, JCDC is in slightly more than a month. There's still time to improve and all. Gotta buck up. Gotta do all those things the judges didn't like about us. FYI we lost all 3 impromptu rounds.
1. to VJC [Cat High reunion]
2. to AJC [it's them again!]
3. to NYJC

The round against NYJC was very much screwy. We were much better in terms of style, rebuttals and anything else. Really, not being boastful or anything but the 1st speaker was horrible. Worst still, the 2nd cheena-ish speaker from NY got Best Speaker. We were like, "wth." As the Opposition, we tore down most of their points. Most, because if the team really wanted to rebut, they woulda spent all 8 minutes rebutting. And more.

C'mon, Mel was tracking the debate and at the same time, could think up of rebuttals instantly. The Prop's substantives were THAT bad, yeah. -___- And they won. Shit, man. However, I thought that the last round, though it was rage-inducing, was the most fun cos we were urging the ones on the floor to be less arrogant and smile more. Only that some smiles sent shivers up your spine, haha.

Memories of yesterday. Whee! Whacky, we were.

It's strange how all 3 teams we were against had speakers who walked around while speaking. Not move forward/backward, it's around. Like, some simple dance recital. Okay, that was a bad analogy. :| Anyways, ACJC has really lousy toilets. The doors can't lock properly.

Happier stuff! On Vesak Day, I woke up bright and early to go to Rad's house for debate training. Haha, I was so lazy I took a cab. :P I love cabbing short distances only, I dunno why. Heh. Anyway, turned out that I was the 1st one to reach Kew Green, the place with crazy stairs. I couldn't find the button to disengage the lock, my arms were too short while I patted blindly at the back of the railing. Then this nice woman came out and then I could go in, so yay.

Then met up with Mel at the pool area! Called Bryan.
"I'm there! I'm standing right at the bottom!"
"No!! You're not! We're at the top! We don't see anyone..."
"I don't see you or Mel either. Where are you?"
"I tell you, we're there. Are you sure you're at the right place?"
"Yes, at the stairs right?"
"Yep."
"Ok, let's meet at the gate."
"... yeah, we're there. Where are you?"
"I'm there too!"
"But we don't see you! Or anyone, anywhere!"
"Sure or not? I'm there!"
"OMG Bryan are you invisible?!"
"No!"
"Ok, let's walk down to the grassy patch of grass..."
"Yeah, where are you?"
"Bryan, behind you. Behind, not beside. Yeah. Hi."
"Oh. Coming."
LOL! :D He was at the wrong flight of stairs. Hee. Gave us a shock.

Team go! Delhi! Taiwan! Netherlands! Singapore! TPJC Debate: For the Deranged & Psychotic. :) After many gruelling rounds of Blow Ball ©, I managed to clinch the GOLD medal! Yay! Delhi got SILVER, Taiwan BRONZE [and fell off his chair immediately after that] and Netherlands Certificate of Participation. Haha! I don't know why I made COP purple, don't ask.

I'm feeling cheered up now. I wasn't angry at anyone, just tired of saying the same things all the time. :)

No comments: