Thursday, May 11, 2006

Come Around Again

Yeah I'm waitin' for you, it's been so long
Yeah I'm waitin' for you, it's been so long
Yeah I'm sad when I'm on my own
They said it takes a long long time
If it's not too much
Could you hear me now?
Buh. I'm feeling emo today. Anyway, the dialogue session went well, for the student presenters part at least. Panel discussion though... Panel discussions are meant to be like, this dude goes up to the mike, asks a question. Then one person from the panel answers. And there's a change in shifts. BUT the colonel took over the mike the entire time. :( It was, I quote, "social suicide" to be up on stage cos it was so embarrassing to be sitting there looking more like an ornament than a student panellist. Lucky I didn't have to go. Whew. However, "G2 and His Comrades" [ie my group] were really great! So were "D For Defence" [though I prefer the name "Son of a Gun" more]. :D Yesyes, the students made it all super. Haha, ego at work here. ... Man, when I don't feel cheerful I don't like my "haha"s. :(
Booking out, see my girlfriend
Saw her with another man
Kill the man, rape my girlfriend
With my rifle and my buddy and me

- Excerpt from "Purple Light", an army marching song
Can you imagine? What type of uh, sickos NS produces? That... guy rapes his girlfriend with his rifle and his buddy and him. Talk about a foursome. O__o

The talk at HCI was really just a political forum thingy. I didn't enjoy it much... for many reasons. I'm so weary of repeating the same things a trillion times, I think I won't ever say them again. I'll just keep quiet. I know that us KI students are a loud and vulgar bunch but could we please respect other people? There's only 7 of us, how dya think the J2s are gonna think of us when they see majority of the seven spouting something vulgar every other word? I'm certainly not a prude, but there is a LIMIT as to your language and stuff when in public [with people not part of the KI class around]. It's rude and it becomes very annoying after awhile.

Trust me, the J2s are not a quiet bunch. Why were they so darn quiet in the bus then?
  • They were shy [yeah right]
  • [most possible] didn't like us
  • was shocked to see the smart "geeks" of TPJC being so crass
  • were intimidated
  • found that we were too loud and thus, annoying
Reasons, reasons... I'm getting so tired of this. My subtle warnings for them to lower their volumes were totally ignored. Well, I know who cares about what the J2s in the bus with us thought of us? WHO CARES? Not like we're gonna be seeing them again on a regular basis. [attempts to roll eyes] I don't know, maybe we'd get a really bad rep if this spreads around the school. It's really not good, so don't go dragging others into the mud with you guys even if you have a bad rep already. I know you guys don't care. Please. I don't want a bad rep because I want to be a good student. Not the model student, but a good one who doesn't get into trouble [much] because of disciplinary problems and doesn't attract a lot of attention. Yes, shut up, keep your volume down, don't be so loud, keep quiet, etc. Please. It's getting really annoying, especially when the voices just blast into your ear. Keep it down.

Look, I don't mind vulgarities. But not so often that a vulgar word comes jumping out every second. If this is how I felt about the noisy and crude conversations, think about how the rest felt, the rest who didn't even know who we were as compared to me. Appalled. Shocked. Annoyed. Disgusted. I'm so tired of saying it. Keep it down. Get my point?

Oh, to add on, yes, we can bitch and be the horny/dirtyminded idiots during KI class, as in, when we're in a private place. The Golden Rule of Bitching about Figures in School, prominent or not, teachers or students: do NOT bitch about people in the presence of others who will be in the same building/place as the "victim". Unless you want your "victim" to know, of course. And another rule, don't complain about teachers [in a high, 10K decibels voice] when there are others around. Others you're not sure of, others who would spread the gossip around.

Also, don't lump me in with the horny people. I just add on to what others already said. I'm darn weary of defending myself, I've been restraining my thoughts and shrugged. Irritant. Annoyant? Anyways, so what if we're the elite and doing KI? SO? It doesn't mean a thing, other than we have extra lessons after curriculum time. Elite doesn't mean that out of 20 people, 7 got selected for KI. Elite means that out of the whole cohort, 7 got selected. Now that's elite, ladies and gentlemen. And please, be more observant. Can't you tell people are tired, annoyed and just wanna rest?

I'm so tired, I can't be bothered to roll my eyes. I'm tiredly pissed. Pissed in a very tired kinda way. Stop already. Who cares if my comments lead to a negative change in KI class dynamics? See, brutally frank Hannie's back. I don't care.

No comments: