Saturday, April 15, 2006

Sesame Street Theme Song

You know, I was reading FicBitches Livejournal entries and was getting pretty entertained by it. So I decided to go to FanFiction.Net [where all the good and pure stuff are] to check things out, like, whether the system is still as shitty as a year ago, whether 90% of the writers there still have broken English, etc. Guess what? There's actually a section for Maple Story.

Yes, Maple Story. The Game. Which I played for awhile this year. Like, a month or less. Then I got bored. And jumped out of the game faster than you can say,"BELL RING!", without any withdrawal effects whatsoever. In short, Maple Story is a combination of Super Mario (c) and the Final Fantasy (c) series, though created for youths in mind. Why? The controls are so simple, attacks are basic and the storyline..er, I don't know whether there was one. Cos I don't think I ever got that far. No offence, but Maple Story is really a game for the stoned. All you do there is to:
  1. Fight monsters and subsequently level up. Which takes a bloody long time unless you're a hardcore fan. Or you cheat. Whatever rocks your boat, matey.
  2. Go on missions. Or something. Can't remember what they're called exactly. Tasks? I mighta confused this with FF, I dunno. OH. :D I remember, QUESTS! That's what they're called! Then you earn money and some EXP.
  3. Battle fearsome monsters. Ayep, fearsome. No way, man. The snails, pigs, various animated animals in the game are pathetic excuses for monsters. I think there's the appearance of the Balrog from LOTR further into the game, but I was far from there. From screenshots I've seen, the Balrog's barely 2 or 3 times taller than the character. It defies all I've ever believed in. The Fellowship in total was much bigger than the Balrog. [inserts roar of fearsome proportions]
  4. Find a partner online and, er, get married? o_o I think there's a place for two characters to get married. Wth. Then what? Boink each other?
  5. Waste time constructively. Yep, contradiction.
There isn't any way you can make any fanfics outta this game. For games with proper plots [however unbelievable they might be], there's Alternate Universe, yes. Even some Out-Of-Character stories. Or, you know, stuff. There is no AU for Maple, there can't be an AU cos of inexplicable reasons. Maple's just...weird, for lack of a better word. =_=

[edit] NEWS FLASH! On Thursday, 13 April 2006, Zee tried to kill herself in the TPJC Hall due to a number of reasons. Like, her failed Math test [3/10], failed Geog test [4/10, should be used to this after 2 years of it], failed Physics test [11/40, pretty long time ago], sure-to-fail Lit test coming up soon, her lost Hana Kimi 7, making her Chinese teacher walk out on class [though it was a combined effort], etc.

... No, actually Zee was just in one of her Random Bouts of Stupidity. On that very same day and place, she just ran blindly into a taut rope, which snapped and left a raw scar on her neck, like she tried to cut her neck artery/blood vein of something. It's not enough that I'm so ugly already, I have to have a very obvious scar on my neck, which make strangers think that the poor girl tried to kill herself. Unsettling. I've also a multitude of mosquito bites all over my legs. Great. [/edit]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahaha. now i understand what was that fuss about your neck.. lol. and dont worry. i failed my stupid math test. and a chem test which i took today. sure die one...
we'll do better, erm, the next time? lol..

Mie said...

[laughs hysterically at the edit. I mean HYSTERICALLY.]

Anonymous said...

Girl, you were never ugly. =)

if it's any consolation, i'm pretty sure i failed my econs test last week and i'm KNOW i'm going to fail my chem test tomorrow.

on the plus side, MJC WON NYJC 6-0 IN FOOTBALL!! =)))))

Anonymous said...

Don't be sad pple... Let's work hard together. Jia you! And Hannie, you're not ugly... You're still a guy magnet...

Anonymous said...

I NEVER KNEW GASPAR TAUGHT GUITAR IN VJ.

just a note.