Sunday, March 29, 2009

Thinking Of You

The thought that it's gonna be April in a couple more days bowled me over. I mean, April?!!? :O

The week passed by quickly. I'm relieved the scholarship interviews went rather smoothly, despite some last minute stuff. There was so much potential for screw ups. Had an AFK on Thursday, we ate at the Pizza Place & chatted over our pasta, pizza & mixed platter. Other highlights - pay days for both work & tuition. Woohoo. :D Well, another happy time was when I read what someone wrote in her LiveJournal. Haha. Really sweet... June will be the month of food & martinis!
__________________________________

Anyway, Benjamin the Smiley Balloon (namesake - Benjamin Button) is no more. :( The fact that it survived for 2 months is amazing. Below is a look at how Benjamin "aged backwards", otherwise known as deflated. Hahaha.

What I will miss #2 - The pantry! Where many activities take place. Heh. I don't care if it's rather small, I'll still miss it very much... Scrambling to grab the tissue whenever I spill water on the table, making milo coffee/green tea/cereal, chatting with the GPO people, pouring life-saving hot water into my mug that might lead to death... Not forgetting the yummy green bean soup & gingko nut desserts! :P

__________________________________

Saturday began in a lovely way. Breakfast date with Suf! :)

I haven't seen her since end of February & she's been missed. We ate at Swenson's & had a fantastic time. I looooove the mushrooms thingy! It's not even one of the mains, but I'm a sucker for mushrooms. Haha. The scrambled eggs brought back memories of McDonald's Big Breakfast, when their eggs were actually soft & fluffy. Suf's buttermilk pancakes were quite good too, especially with the maple syrup. :)

We planned to walk off our fats by shopping for a Cheer Up gift for Yufan. In the end, we settled for the small art shop in front of Yamaha, where we 'painted' a picture! :D Hahaha. We had so much fun doing it, making the little kids nearby curious. I love our 'masterpiece'!

Suf had to go off, so I brought the handmade gift to Raffles City where I had lunch at Shokudo with Yufan. Although I had a late breakfast, I still pigged out (as usual) whereas Yufan, who didn't eat anything within the past few hours, ate less. =/ Oh well, I'm really fond of food!

Oh yes, Yufan kinda guessed what we got for her. Haha. It wasn't a surprise then! She also gave me a bar of coffee chocolate from Chocolate Research Facility, yay. Their chocolates have pretty packaging!

Then, we shopped at the usual places, helping the economy, albeit insignificantly. :D Springfield had a gigantic light purple canvas tote & a pair of wedges that called to me, but the prices were slightly steep. :( I'm still thinking about them. Haha. I don't usually go for purple bags k! Tried the strawberry flavour at Summerfrost this time, it's gooood. Mmm. It went really well with the milk ice. Dinner at the HK restaurant again. HK-style chow is addictive.

I wanted to check out Indulgence too, but I forgot which mall it was located in. -__- Next timeeee. Haha. We went to Obolo, their macaroons are supposedly one of the better ones but I didn't buy any.

When I reached home, Ning & I decided to be anti-social. Result? Photobooth time! :D HAHA.
__________________________________

It's a rainy Sunday, hurray. :) :) :) I won't look back anymore because if I miss the past & ignore the present, I might as well commit suicide die now. Haha. I saw a quote that said something like that once, but I forgot who was the author.

Mood: Guardedly cheerful for the upcoming week.

You're like an Indian summer
In the middle of winter
Like a hard candy
With a surprise center

No comments: