Monday, August 11, 2008

Angels or Devils

Dishwalla's live piano version of this song is breathtaking. :) special thanks to the friend who introduced it to me, and to the friend who sent it to me!

Last Friday, I finally completed a side project for work. Yay. Not very happy with the end product, but oh well. What to do? Deadlines & limitations, pfffft. :| but I'm glad I can get back to my usual work now, although it's pretty tiring & tedious. Argh. Deadlines.

Anyway, this is a picture I found while researching at work last week. D:

__________________________________

Who says plants will die at my house? :P HA. Hey there, meet my pretty sunflower! It's flourishing quite well. The bigger flower had wilted a bit this morning. Rahhhh. But it's okay. Because the small one is blooming quickly! :D :D :D :D :D

Just to prove something: here's my family's orchid. Oh, I didn't create the misty effect on purpose... -__- the camera lens were foggy with condensation.

__________________________________

Here are some waaay overdue pictures. Heehee. Chenyze's last day of work! Martiniiiis. And one random picture of cherries. Haha. :)

__________________________________

Poppy, Yufan & I had dinner at Aerin's on Thursday. I'm really satisfied with the food. :)))) yaaaay. I think it's way better than Canele! Awesome friends with awesome food. Heh.

I am "smug"! xD yes you are, Cheryl.
Clockwise from top left; bangers & mash, grilled cajun chicken, tagliatelle carbonara, double chocolate fudge cake, apple rhubarb pie with homemade vanilla icecream (!) & our table candle. :) :) :) :) :)
P & Y :DZ who's really happy with the dessert :D
__________________________________

There was supposed to be a drinking session at T3 on Friday. But the guys couldn't make it, and we weren't really in the mood for drinks. Heh. Since we had lunch at Tiong Bahru, I bought a bouquet of flowers for Amantha. With dead tired & barely functioning brains, we played scrabble at Harry's while drinking, happily ignoring the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics screening on the TV.

It was the boring part! Where teams from 200+ countries strolled around the track. I didn't manage to catch the fireworks. Oh well. I heard they were spectacular.

Have I mentioned that I love flowers? :D
(especially those from TB market!)

Scrabbleeeee. :)
__________________________________

Saturday was 9 August. Slept like a pig til noon, then I remembered that I had to meet Joyce at around 3pm. :D we snacked along the way to Suntec (again!!). After lingering outside the convention hall waiting for replies from those inside, we sort of gave up & wandered around. There was a Starhub exhibit with the Beijing mascots, so Joyce (Singapore's BIGGEST fan :P) went on stage to take a picture with Huanhuan the red... dragon-thing.

It started drizzling just before 5.30pm, I think. Skipping the uncasing of the flags ceremony, we finally found Junrong & co. outside Starbucks, but we couldn't say hi cos of army security personnel. =(( oh, we saw many "unofficial" contingents too! ;D HAHA.

I hope someone won't see this! :D
But I'm sure this isn't as R21 as The Other Picture...

__________________________________

I borrowed Rubin's electric guitar on N.Day! :D there was a bloody annoying beng who was yakking loudly on his phone on bus 16. Although I could hear his entire conversation, I didn't understand much cos it was in beng-Chinese, interspersed with dialect. :X oh, for the record, Tampines > Siglap. Hahaha. Thank youuuuuu.

I still love my Baby Taylor (who has been neglected for a few days)
P.S. The redness is an effect of my blood. Muahahaha. I'm serious!
__________________________________

On Sunday, we were supposed to visit Grandma at the temple but I couldn't be woken up. Sigh. I had wanted to go... :| after a series of unfortunate events, we ended up at Aston's Specialties for lunch! I had a lot of food. GRINS. Zinger & I went down to CS for Dark Knight (YES, FINALLY) with Farhan & Wenrong. Omg. An awesome movie at last. It's fantastic. I loved some of its themes & while parts of it were disturbing, the Dark Knight is supposed to be a morbidly funny movie afterall, so I shouldn't expect anything less. Haha. Yay! :)

My sis & I clutched each other's hands at the scary parts. .__.
__________________________________

I'm worried. =/ I really hope that someone will stick to what he said. It's not like he made a promise... But I'm just hoping that he'll know what's good for him. I know he said it wasn't a smart thing to do, yet......... He's such a little boy. Sigh. No use thinking too much about this!! D:
__________________________________

I've got a super massive Fuji apple to munch on at work today. HAHAHA. It's larger than a softball! :))))))) apples apples apples.

.... damn tired. I guess sleeping at 2am wasn't a smart idea. =__= I think I was high last night. The eyebags are ginormous today. Sleep early. Short. Sentences. Ha. Ha. I'm so excited! There's going to be a fireworks festival again this year. :) :) :) :) :) hehehehehehehe.

No comments: