Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Shoot To Thrill

Okay, this is like, my second post of the day. Sigh. Got so many things...

My mum & I had to bring Dad to CGH at around 4pm cos of his ongoing vertigo. It's serious, and he's been like that since Sunday, and today was esp bad. D: My dad's staying there for the time being.

So, while I resent not being able to go for Mad's BBQ tonight, I felt glad that I was home & accompany them to the hospital. Giving mum a bit of moral support too, though I just felt that I was in the way & talked too much crap to distract my mum from the severity of the situation. D:

I do miss my friends lots, but if I had the choice, I'd still choose to go with my parents to the hospital. Who knows what might've happen. We were there til just before 8pm...

And you know what?! The wonderful aroma of BBQ-ing food is drifting over from god-knows-where. I live on the top floor of an apartment block, and I don't think scents can waft from the 1st to the 13th level. o__o But it smells so frigging good. I'm hungry. Even after a late dinner.

Oh, talking about FOOD! I love CGH's 7-11. It's so well-stocked! :] The food's ohkay too, I had a 7/11 dinner, at CGH.

The Spaghetti Chicken Bolognaise
Cost:
$2.90 [I think]
Rating:
3 out of 5 stars
Why:
The portion's quite small if you're hungry, but if you're just craving for a bite then it's alright. The pasta was oily & not properly cooked. I think that was because I opened the top of the box while microwaving it so all the moisture went poof... Anyway, it was dry too. A portion of the noodles were covered in oil & that was gross. But since I was hungry, I just swallowed everything. There were mushrooms and minced chicken bits too, more than sufficient for the small serving of pasta, though the sauce was bland & thin. More tomato chunks too, and maybe throw in some herbs, so it'll taste nicer. All in all, I think I can whip up a meaner pasta than this. :) I know I can & I did it before.
I shall try the cream pasta tmr, when we all troop down to visit Dad in the evening.

Mocha
Cost:
$1.90
Rating:
2.5 out of 5 stars.
Why:
It's a little too sweet for me. If you like super sugary stuff, then this cuppa mocha would be just fine for you. And there wasn't a whiff of chocolate in it. :(

I'm missing my Spindrift mates. Hey guys, have fun at Mad's house & Fed-Ex the food over. If not Fed-Ex, I think DHL or UPH(?) is quite fast too.

No comments: