* Edit: Shopping is my refuge.
Prior to the gig last night, we did a bit of window shopping at Raffles City. Got tempted by a gorgeous Miss Selfridge dress that I wouldn't know when to wear, and a pair of River Island shoes (grey with lime green & silver print details! ♥). Then, I remembered something I saw online awhile ago and more recently, mentioned by BagaholicBoy.
It is the Au Revoir Griffen Tote (#1)! It wasn't on display, so I asked the SA if they had it... and she brought one out! Just the right size for my laptop & other knick-knacks, it costs $370. Constructed from coated canvas & with thin straps, I know it's not that practical. Howeverrrrr, the sunny graphics bring a smile to my face cos they're so cheery! :D Haha. The SA also said that there will only be 3 pieces available in Singapore (or was she talking about the RC branch?), and since it's part of the Spring/Summer collection, production is limited. Ho-hum.
Yes, Poppy... I'm still thinking about it. Hahaha. Do help me ask your friend how much it costs in US retail outlets? :) Thank you! ♥
Bag #2 is the Portland Sailor Pants Tote that's in my favourite red. Haha. It's made of a mixture of nylon & soft cowhide, and retails for $600. Eep. I didn't pick this out, the shopping friend did. Side note: it's quite huggable! Random, huh?
#3 is the Par Avion Medium Shopper. It was the only bag that caught my eye from the previous season, and because I didn't see it on display at both Raffles City & Taka, I thought the Singapore branches didn't bring it in. It's big, roomy, simple... Hence, the shock when I saw the bag during CNY. Ehehe. :X
Numbers 4, 5 and 6 are small coal totes made of heavy canvas. Named Nashville, Walnut Creek & Jacksonville respectively, they're part of a limited collection & should be priced at roughly $300 (?). Didn't see them in the store yesterday. Although I think they're really cute (the red one!), I'd rather buy something else with the money.
Yufan reminded me that I didn't get the more practical Stevie Narrangansett (I forgot the actual name! =/) when they had sales at the end of 2008. It was around $250+ after discount, and as it was made of cowhide leather (I think?), it was very much worth the price I guess. It had a small pocket on the exterior too, I love pockets!!! ♥ Hee. :)
I was thinking of getting a ** for mum as a present, but I know she loves pockets on her bags too (must be genetic...), and That Bag doesn't have any. Sigh. Otherwise, I think it will suit her needs perfectly!
Will. Stop. Obsessing. Will. Stop. Obsessing. Will. Stop. Obsessing.
I think that's about the only thing I'm really good at - obsessing.
I wanted to get me a Christmas present, and it's already March. :( The season's an excuse, I merely wanted to splurge on myself.
Shopping is one of my vices and with my current financial status (I'm doing alright, actually! :D), I must save up! Not for a Birkin, Fish. :P I've no interest in that! Hahaha.
3sixty-five days. Sigh. 3 separate events which occurred around that many days ago helped to shape my 2008.
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment