Why Singapore's Population isn't growing : Zian's theory
Firstly, Singaporeans undergo a lot of stress from the moment they are born.
'What should we name our Ah Boy, ah?'
'I dohno leh, dear. Maybe Paris? Like that Ah Gua in Troy!'
'ya, very good name siah!'
No wonder babies cry so much.
At the young age of seven, they are start their six years of schooling in Primary school. All's well and cheery. The kids ENJOY school, even. I think I did too. Everything's vague. Must be the food they're serving us in school. Oh, everyday, you see kids skipping off happily to school. Primary school, mind you. What JOY. What FUN.
Do you see this type of behaviour in Secondary School students? Nope. And you know why? Because they saw _______ in the education system! The _________! [note: I realise that I can get sued by what I'm writing. I read the newspapers.] Whoops. I've filled in the incriminating words with blanks. So it's like fill in the blanks. They could have seen the JOY in learning Additional Math, I don't know. [shrugs] I sure don't see the use of learning it.
In secondary school, the students undergo a lot of stress. Exams, parents, crazy anal retentive teachers, friends, gender crisis[especially in single sex schools], etc. Basically just a whole load of teenage angst. It's the hormones, y'know? They release stress by singing their hearts out at K-Boxes, run screaming after their idols, go on diets, blah blah. My male cousin reads herWORLD. That is just so wrong.
And so the ____ students plod their angsty way through the MARVELLOUS and FAULTLESS and absolutely REASONABLE singaporean education system. Until they leap past the hurdles of it.
And then, AH. They feel FREE! Not oppressed by the _____________ anymore! They have barely sucked in the first molecules of fresh air, when WHAM! They are dragged into the working world.
[ominously] 'Work, my laddie, there's a good boy now.'
stress stress stress. Sigh.
SO. To increase the population growth, the govt has to relieve some of the stress. By, well, I don't know. Shady means, I guess.
I'm running outta steam for this. I ______ the education system. I suppose that if I wrote this for a Geography essay, Miss Lim would skewer me alive.
I should stop. This is getting stupid. Inane.
I'm hyper. Why?
Monday, May 16, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Heeeeeey, Paris is not ah gua! O-O
Ah heck.
We LOVE school! It is a FUN, EXCITING, and ENRICHING place for us to be in!
HOLD IT. isn't paris an ah lian? or a bimbo, depending on how u see it. 0_o
YEAH. SCHOOL MAKES OUR WORLD GO ROUND!
Post a Comment